Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"This is the very heart of the gospel."

" In order to get into heaven, will I be judged by my righteousness or by the righteousness of Christ?  If I have to trust in my righteousness to get into heaven, I must completely and utterly despair of any psossibility of ever being redeemed.  But when we see that the righteousness that is ours by faith is the perfect righteousness of Christ, we see how glorious is the good news of the gospel.  The good news is simply this:  I can be reconciled to God.  I can be justified, not on the basis of what I do, but on the basis of what has been accomplished for me by Christ." (p. 44)

- Are We Together? A Protestant Analyzes Roman Catholicism by R.C. Sproul

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this easy to read little book, it gave me a great appreciation for our Westminster Confession of Faith.

    Hope you and Barbara are well
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete