Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Our hope of Righteousness...


For we through the Spirit by faith wait for the hope of righteousness. (Gal. 5:5)
The way I understand it, the Roman Catholic (and all too many Christians) isn't so much as waiting for the hope of righteousness as cooperating with grace in order to progress to the final goal of attaining complete righteousness, hoping that he'll make it!
Whereas Paul is saying that, being justified by faith, we are now cleansed of our sins and clothed or covered with Christ’s perfect righteousness, which covering we receive and possess through faith in Him. I still sin and will continue to sin until the day I die. Yet by faith I stand secure before the throne of grace because Jesus my Advocate and Priest mediates my sin before that throne by His perfect sacrifice and merit. Why the hope? That with the resurrection of the body, on that day when I see Him as He is, I shall be made like Him, i.e. confirmed in a righteousness which He purchased with His own blood.
Doxology:
And they sing a new song, saying, Worthy art thou to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou was slain, and didst purchase unto God with thy blood men of every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation, and madest them to be unto our God a kingdom and priests… (Rev. 5:9-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment