Friday, July 16, 2010

Joel...

This music/video montage (and included testimony of his to students at Hope University - a couple months before his death) is now up at YouTube (I have been waiting for it)... of my dear friend Joel Schubert who left this life on May 10th of this year. I recorded his song, I'm Gonna Be An Overcomer (the music to this video), in 2006 with Joel singing along with his soulmate and wife, Priscilla, after he had been diagnosed with cancer. Joel wrote this song of his way back in 1973 when we (he, his wife, me, my wife) were young christians and friends. I kidded with him that it was a "hit" song in the making. It was and is...

This video was shown at the memorial service. I miss him, and yet rejoice that he has entered into that very sure hope and rest in Christ...

No comments:

Post a Comment