Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The poem 'Covered'

Set to music here.

I wrote this poem a while back and recently Roxanne Smith composed music for it. She and Richard Schletty then recorded it as a wonderful song of testimony and worship.  Also, Richard took one of my guitar pieces and recorded his vocals of this poem... beautiful... take a listen.

COVERED
[inspired by Romans 3:21-31]

The blood of Christ
It covers me


The blood of Christ

He died for me

My sin taken
His life given

No condemnation
He has risen

Declared now just
No merit mine

By grace now blessed
Free gift I find

A new heart given
Faith to obey

His yoke easy
Christ led each day

God of heaven

Savior He


This soul, blood-sealed
Eternally.

1 comment:

  1. Jack, Thank you for letting me take your wonderfully grace-filled poem and set it to music., so more people could have access to the message:-)

    ReplyDelete